Ultrasonic Inspection facilities at BIS Group, Coimbatore, India
BIS GROUP accepts all challenges in ultrasonic inspection of components using conventional and advanced ultrasonic technique. In most common UT applications, very short ultrasonic pulse-waves with center frequencies ranging from 0.1-15 MHz, and occasionally up to 50 MHz, are transmitted into materials to detect internal flaws or to characterize materials. Ultrasonic testing is often performed on steel and other metals and alloys, though it can also be used on concrete, wood and composites, albeit with less resolution. It is used in many industries including steel and aluminium construction, metallurgy, manufacturing, aerospace, automotive and other transportation sectors.
1. High penetrating power, which allows the detection of flaws deep in the part.
2. High sensitivity, permitting the detection of extremely small flaws.
3. In many cases only one surface needs to be accessible.
4. Greater accuracy than other nondestructive methods in determining the depth of internal flaws and the thickness of parts with parallel surfaces.
5. Some capability of estimating the size, orientation, shape and nature of defects.
6. Some capability of estimating the structure of alloys of components with different acoustic properties
7. Non hazardous to operations or to nearby personnel and has no effect on equipment and materials in the vicinity.
8. Capable of portable or highly automated operation.
9. Results are immediate. Hence on the spot decisions can be made.
State of the Art Ultrasonic flaw detection equipments with built-in DGS curves, AVG, AWS flaw sizing techniques for weld inspections
Transducers suitable for critical inspections, most sensitive, high temperature and high attenuative materials inspection applications
T-K-Y joints testing experts
Experienced in house ASNT NDT Level III consultants and experts for providing techniques establishment, procedure preparation, approval and consultancy services
ASNT NDT Level III trainers for conducting in house or external NDT Level 1, 2 training and certification courses on Ultrasonic testing and other NDT inspection methods.
Ultrasonic inspection professionals qualified and certified to Level I, II as per ASNT recommended practice SNT-TC-1A and IS:13805 by Indian Society for Nondestructive testing (ISNT) and are approved by leading third party inspection authorities.
Strong team of NDT professionals to provide ultrasonic inspection services across India