Third Party Inspection for Valve - Visual and Dimensional Checking
Third party inspector controls following points:
• To verify that the model and various features and components comply with the purchase order description and valve specification and drawings as applicable.
• To verify that the dimensions of valves, flanges, flange drilling, bore, stem, threading, wall thickness and any other dimensions, as applicable, comply with the requirements of the specification and other.
• Witnessing required pressure tests.
• Witnessing functional test of actuator on valve, when actuators are specified.
• Radiographic examination and other NDE in accordance with the applicable references noted above.
Similarly, If the third party inspector is not in the hold or witness point in the ITP for this inspection stage, then he/she will review the valve manufacturer quality control report in his/her coming visit or on the final inspection day.